Friday, December 28, 2007

a little update...

After getting the Gladney application last Thursday, we had been working to gather all the documents we needed...we FedExed all we could on Wednesday and hopefully Gladney will be getting it soon. I also called our old agency and asked for them to send in our file to Gladney...I was so excited today when I got an email from Anne telling me that they have received our file from the other agency and then she wrote down what our file was still lacking...the items on the list were the ones we sent by FedEx! Yay! Hopefully we will be Gladney approved soon! This next week we are going to be busy getting our physicals (again) and getting more fingerprints taken for the FBI clearance. I feel like we are almost back to where we were! We are just praying there could be able to get over the Ethiopia before the courts close in the summer.

We have been so blessed by everyone who has left kind comments and lifted up prayers...it was feeling pretty dark for a while...but all the encouragement we have received from all of you has truly touched our lives. Thank you. Thank all of you.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

That is fantastic. You are really moving forward. I too hope that I miss that 2 month closing of the courts in Addis. That is my desire...to have my 2 girls here by Summer.
Lisa
www.my2ethiopiangirls.blogspot.com

obligato said...

i am so sorry you have to do all that stuff again! I am so sorry. Its going to happen soon! xoxo Happy New Years...(tell your mommy too)

HollyMarie said...

Hi there, I just ordered a heart/Africa necklace from your mom with some Christmas cash (what better way to put it to use than to benefit adoption?!) so I thought I'd stop in and check out your blog! We seem to be in similar places in the process, although you have faced more challenges. We are off to be fingerprinted tomorrow. Our agency requires that we have our I171H before our dossier can be sent to Ethiopia so we're hoping to be "officially waiting for a referral" sometime in February... Blessings on your journey!

{B} said...

It seems like there are so many families who are in the same place in the process as we are...I am so excited to see who will be in Ethiopia with us!